The Trans-Dolomites Bike Tour Challenge
Join us in the Dolomites for a spectacular week of cycling in the tire tracks of many famous Giro d’Italia stages.
Trip dates 18-25 June / 3-10 September
We’ve prepared a week of the best and most challenging riding you’ll find anywhere in Europe.
Our itinerary includes the most famous and most challenging climbs in Italy… Zoncolan… Stelvio…. Gavia…. Mortirolo…. Pordoi…. Fedaia…. Sella….Duron…. Giau…. Campolongo….and more!
The trip starts in Ravascletto on the eastern edge of the Dolomites. The warm-up ride includes 2 new climbs to our tours – the Passo Duron and the Sella Valcalda.
But it’s Stage 2 that features the main change with the Zoncolan taking centre-stage. The Zoncolan, along with the Angliru in Spain, is rated the toughest climb in Europe so we thought it only fitting that it should become a permanent feature in our program. After the Zoncolan, anyone with energy left in their legs can go on to tackle Monte Crostis, another HC climb that starts just 5km from our hotel.
Stage 3 takes us west across the Cima Sappada, Passo Tre Croci and Passo Giau to Alleghe.
- Monte Zoncolan – along with the Angliru, the Zoncolan is rated the toughest climb in Europe
- Passo Stelvio – climb the 48 switchbacks of this legendary pass
- Passo Mortirolo & Passo Gavia – conquer these 2 Giro d’Italia favourites
- Sella Ronde – ride one of Europe’s most spectacular routes over the Passo Pordoi, Passo Sella, Passo Gardena and Passo Campolonga
- Over 63,000ft of climbing in 7 days!
- As always, the top support in the industry!
- €3,575 per person sharing twin/double
- Single supplement €550
- Bike rental €450 (plus bike insurance €70)
- Non-rider discount -€719 (based on double occupancy)
Top Support in the Industry
Throughout the trip you can relax and enjoy the rides knowing that you have the best Support Team in the industry right behind you all the way!
1 Support Van and 1 experienced ride leader for every 10 clients. And the highest staff to client ratio….1 staff member per 4 clients!
Your Daily Rides:
|Day||Route Summary||Ride Distance||Elevation Gain|
|1||Ravascletto › Passo Duron › Sella Valcalda › Ravascletto||52km||1,466m|
|2||Ravascletto › Monte Zoncolan › Monte Crostis › Ravascletto||81km||3,488m|
Ravascletto › Cima Sappada › Danta › Passo Tre Croci › Passo Giau › Alleghe
|4||Alleghe › Passo Pordoi › Passo Sella › Passo Gardena › Passo Campolongo › Alleghe||98km||2,746m|
|5||Alleghe › Passo Fedaia › Passo Costalunga › Bolzano||87km||2,047m|
|6||Bolzano › Passo Stelvio › Bormio||126km||2,854m|
Bormio › Passo Mortirolo › Passo Gavia › Bormio
Climb these Famous Cols:
In just 1 week climb many of the legendary cols in the Italian Alps & Dolomites! Here’s the list of cols included in our itinerary (sorted by Difficulty Index).
|Climb||Elevation Gain||Avg Grade||Length||Diff Index|
|Monte Zoncolan||3970 ft||11.5%||6.5 miles||1660|
|Passo Mortirolo||4265 ft||10.5%||7.7 miles||1425|
|Monte Crostis||5483 ft||9%||9.6 miles||1397|
|Passo Stelvio||5930 ft||7.4%||15.1 miles||1411|
|Passo Gavia||4470 ft||7.9%||10.7 miles||1139|
|Passo Fedaia||3475 ft||7.5%||8.8 miles||966|
|Passo Giau||2349 ft||8.3%||5.3 miles||624|
|Passo Tre Croci||2274 ft||6.3%||6.8 miles||523|
|Passo Pordoi||2090 ft||6.8%||5.8 miles||447|
|Danta||1385 ft||7%||3.7 miles||319|
|Cima Sappada||1319 ft||5.3%||4.7 miles||317|
|Sella Valcalda||1401 ft||5.3%||5 miles||307|
|Passo Campolongo||1007 ft||5%||3.8 miles||307|
|Passo Sella||1309 ft||7.3%||3.4 miles||304|
|Passo Costalunga||1345 ft||4.1%||6.1 miles||140|
|Passo Gardena||820 ft||4.2%||3.7 miles||140|
|Passo Duron||1325 ft||9.9%||2.6 miles||N/A|
- 8 days / 7 nights fully accompanied trip
- All breakfasts
- All but 1 dinner
- Lunch on the first day
- Pick-up at Venice Marco Polo Airport
- Drop-off at Milan Malpensa Airport
- All ground transportation
- All luggage transfer
- Services of our expert guides
- Experienced mechanic
- Support vehicles
- Maps, cue sheets and elevation profiles
What’s Not Included:
- Travel and personal insurance
- Additional hotel expenses i.e. phone charges, mini-bar, gratuities
- Lunches (except lunch on the first day which is included)
The Bianchi Infinitio CV is available for rent on all our trips. Click here for full details of our rental bike program.